· Our Neighbor - Vance Park ·
Vance Park Amenities
Vance Park is not your usual city park. Vance Park exists and thrives because of the people in this community. The plot is owned by Multnomah County who purchased it as mining land. Now it is maintained by the City of Gresham. Because of this division, it is the people of Rockwood who have taken the pride in ownership here.
Vance Park’s playground and imaginative Children’s garden was built by a non-profit through the help of community volunteers.
Our nine-hole disc golf course was constructed through volunteer efforts by the local community. Volunteer clean-ups happen once per month.
By using this spot for recreation, you are doing your part to celebrate the work of the community and to keep negative elements from loitering here. Come enjoy and celebrate this park with us.
Did you know Vance Park has:
- a great playground area complete with equipment
- a 9-hole Disc Golf course (don't forget to come over to Park Place to borrow some discs if you would like to try it out)
- picnic tables
- a baseball diamond
- a soccer field
- an imagination garden The Imaginative Children’s Garden for kids (with butterfly tents to learn about their life cycle) See our community partners page for more info. On People for Parks.
- Paved paths that wander through the beautiful trees